CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin tests positive for COVID-19

The Hill reported on Friday that CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin has tested positive for the coronavirus, and she is now the second personality from the network to be diagnosed with COVID-19.

“It came on suddenly yesterday afternoon,” the 40-year-old said in an Instagram post. “Chills, aches, fever. I’ve been social distancing, doing ALL the things we’re told to do.”

“Still,” she stated, “it got to me.” Baldwin went on to note that she is “healthy” and has “no underlying conditions,” facts that made her consider herself fortunate. “Honestly, I feel like one of the lucky ones,” she added.

Baldwin concluded by praising medical professionals and giving “a shout out to the doctors and nurses who are doing the real work right now.”

Chris Cuomo also tests positive

Fellow CNN anchor Chris Cuomo became ill with the coronavirus last week and has since been working from his basement. Cuomo released a video describing the experience.

“The night I had last night, I’ve never had anything like it, I’ve never experienced any kind of fever like what I have going on all the time,” he explained on Wednesday.

“And the body aches and the tremors and the concern about not being able to do anything about it, I totally get why so many are so scared all over this country,” Cuomo continued.

He described pain that was on par with “someone was beating me like a piñata” and chipping a tooth from the severity of the shivering.

Harrowing experience

Cuomo also recalled a hallucinated conversation he had with his late father, former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo, who has been dead since 2015.

“My dad was talking to me. I was seeing people from college, people I haven’t seen in forever. It was freaky what I lived through last night,” he recounted.

“I get it now,” Cuomo stressed, “and if you match that with chest constriction and people can’t breathe, I totally get it, why we’re losing so many people and why our hospitals are so crowded.”

Chris Cuomo’s older brother Andrew is the current governor of New York, and he invited his ailing sibling to take part in his daily press briefing on Thursday via video.



CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin tests positive for COVID-19 CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin tests positive for COVID-19 Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on April 04, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.