‘I no longer want to do this job’: 22-year news anchor resigns, says ‘media needs more balance’

Kari Lake, a 22-year veteran news anchor, resigned from her Phoenix-area Fox station on Tuesday, calling for more “balance” and diverse viewpoints within journalism, according to the Arizona Republic.

“Sadly, journalism has changed a lot since I first stepped into a newsroom, and I’ll be honest: I don’t like the direction it’s going,” Lake said in a video statement about why she resigned.

“The media needs more balance in coverage and a wider ranger of viewpoints represented in every newsroom at every level and in each position,” she added.

“The time is right”

Lake also said in her statement that she hasn’t “felt proud to be a member of the media” over the last few years.

“I’m sure there are other journalists out there who feel the same way. I found myself reading news copy that I didn’t believe was fully truthful, or only told part of the story,” she said. “And I began to feel that I was contributing to the fear and division in this country by continuing on in this profession.

“It’s been a serious struggle for me and I no longer want to do this job anymore,” Lake added. “So I’ve decided the time is right to do something else, and I’m leaving Fox 10. I thank Fox for their understanding as I’ve come to this decision, and I am grateful for the opportunities they provided for me to cover so many big stories over the years.”

Lake said she’s thankful that many people watching the news have figured out that a number of top anchors and media personalities are not totally truthful.

“As I close this chapter of my career, there will probably be some hit pieces written about me. Not everyone is dedicated to telling the truth, but thankfully, many of you have figured that out. I promise you, if you hear it from my lips, it will be truthful,” Lake said.

“It is scary walking away”

According to the Arizona Republic, Lake was previously at the center of controversy in 2019, when she was forced off the air temporarily after, “unaware a Facebook Live event had started early, she uttered the F-word accidentally while disparaging” another local publication.

In this instance, however, the journalist seems to have the support of her colleagues, and while Lake admits that it was hard to walk away from a job she has held for so long, she said she’s relying on her faith to get her through it.

“It is scary walking away from a good job and a successful career, especially in difficult times,” she concluded in her statement. “I know God has my back and will guide me to work that aligns with my values.”

The post ‘I no longer want to do this job’: 22-year news anchor resigns, says ‘media needs more balance’ first appeared on Conservative Institute.

‘I no longer want to do this job’: 22-year news anchor resigns, says ‘media needs more balance’ ‘I no longer want to do this job’: 22-year news anchor resigns, says ‘media needs more balance’ Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on March 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.