CNN’s Chris Cuomo describes COVID-19 experience: ‘I’ve never had anything like it’

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S. soared past 270,000 on Friday, according to a Johns Hopkins University Tracker — and even the mainstream media’s elite aren’t immune to the pandemic.

The New York Times reported earlier this week that CNN host Chris Cuomo had tested positive for COVID-19 and would remain quarantined in his home for the time being. From there, the anchor spoke Wednesday about his experience with the disease, which, according to Cuomo, has included fevers, “body aches,” “tremors,” and even what The Hill described as “vivid hallucinations.”

“It was freaky”

“Anybody who’s ever seen me spar will tell you my first round is never my best,” the television personality said on Wednesday’s episode of Cuomo Prime Time, “and this has proven no different, with coronavirus. Now I know what I’m up against.

“The night I had last night, I’ve never had anything like it,” Cuomo went on. “I’ve never experienced any kind of fever like what I have going on all the time. And the body aches and the tremors and the concern about not being able to do anything about it, I totally get why so many are so scared all over this country.”

According to The Hill, the CNN host also said “he was shivering so much that he chipped a tooth and had vivid hallucinations.”

“My dad was talking to me,” Cuomo said later in the program of his late father, former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo, The Hill reported. “I was seeing people from college, people I haven’t seen in forever. It was freaky what I lived through last night.

“I get it now, and if you match that with chest constriction and people can’t breathe, I totally get it, why we’re losing so many people and why our hospitals are so crowded,” Cuomo added, according to The Hill. He went on:

[This] totally opened a different window for me in my heart for all those who have had to watch their loved ones slip away and go into the hospital where they can’t visit and have them in places where they can’t say bye.

“You came to me”

Chris Cuomo is the younger brother of New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), and the CNN anchor appeared via video link at his brother’s press briefing on Thursday, The Hill reportedly separately.

“You came to me in a dream,” the younger Cuomo recalled of his brother, describing another hallucination he said was brought on by COVID-19. “You had on a very interesting ballet outfit and you were dancing in the dream and you were waving a wand and saying, ‘I wish I could wave my wand and make this go away,’ and then you spun away and you danced away.”

The CNN host said on his program Wednesday that his “biggest fear was passing [the coronavirus disease] on” to his wife and children, all of whom are living upstairs in their home while he remains sequestered in the basement. He said that his family had all tested negative for the disease to that point, however.

Take a look:



CNN’s Chris Cuomo describes COVID-19 experience: ‘I’ve never had anything like it’ CNN’s Chris Cuomo describes COVID-19 experience: ‘I’ve never had anything like it’ Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on April 03, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.