Monica Lewinsky to produce ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story’ about Bill Clinton

It’s Monica Lewinsky’s turn to tell the story, and the Clintons should be terrified.

It was announced Tuesday that “American Crime Story” will be returning to FX next year. Produced by Lewinsky, the third season will cover President Bill Clinton’s impeachment scandal and is set to air in fall of 2020.

Lewinsky’s turn to talk

Lewinsky told Vogue magazine that she was “hesitant” to take on the project at first, but changed her mind after realizing that creator Ryan Murphy was “dedicated to giving a voice to the marginalized.”

“But I’m so grateful for the growth we’ve made as a society that allows people like me who have been historically silenced to finally reintroduce my voice to the conversation,” Lewinsky wrote to Vogue. “This isn’t just a me problem. Powerful people, often men, take advantage of those subordinate to them in myriad ways all the time. Many people will see this as such a story and for that reason, this narrative is one that is, regretfully, evergreen.”

In 1998, Clinton became the second U.S. president to be impeached in the House of Representatives, although the Senate failed to convict him. The articles of impeachment alleged that he lied under oath to a grand jury and attempted to obstruct justice in a civil suit by instructing Lewinsky to lie about their Oval Office affair.

The suit was launched by Paula Jones, who claimed that Clinton had exposed himself to her three years earlier. She ultimately settled out of court.

A series of accusations

Jones wasn’t the only woman to accuse Clinton of wrongdoing. White House aide Kathleen Willey said the president groped and forcibly kissed her in 1993.

The most serious accusations came from Juanita Broaddrick, a former nursing home director who accused Clinton of raping her when he was Arkansas’ attorney general.

Broaddrick recounted the experience in an interview with Breitbart:

Juanita Broaddrick Relives Bill Clinton Rape/Hillary Intimidation

Uploaded by Breitbart News on 2016-10-09.

And then as he points over my shoulder, he grabs me and turns me to him. And that was a shock. And I tried to push him away. And I only weighed about 120 pounds at that time. He was a very large man. And I kept telling him, ‘No. I don’t want this at all.’

…And he grabbed me again, very forcefully. And started biting on my top lip. And this was extremely painful. I thought he was going to bite my lip off. And that’s when he pushed me back onto the bed.

…I was completely dressed. I had a skirt and a blouse. He tore the waist of my skirt. And then he ripped my pantyhose. And he raped me. It was very vicious. I was just pinned down . . . I did not know what to do. I was so frightened. I was only 35 at the time. And it was horrible. I just wanted it to be over with. So he would go away.

Broaddrick also alleged that Hillary Clinton intimidated her into keeping quiet, something President Trump made an issue of in the 2016 campaign.

Dems want Clinton’s misdeeds forgotten

Left-wing journalist Mark Harris is worried that Trump will use the Clintons’ against the Democrats in 2020, and he took to Twitter to voice concern over the show’s timing.

“Airing this during the final six weeks of the 2020 election is an abysmal idea. I’m looking forward to seeing it, and I hope FX reconsiders the timing,” he wrote.

Bill and Hillary Clinton have been a force in Democrat politics for decades. However, it sounds like some in the party would like to forget that history.



Monica Lewinsky to produce ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story’ about Bill Clinton Monica Lewinsky to produce ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story’ about Bill Clinton Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on August 07, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.