Whoopi Goldberg says ‘there’s no reason’ to speak to Judge Jeanine

The on-air feud between The View co-host Whoopi Goldberg and Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro continued this week after Goldberg said she has no time for her conservative rival.

“I’ve not spoken to Jeanine, there’s no reason to,” Goldberg said on Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Thursday evening. “If there’s something that is intelligent that she has to bring to the show they will book her.”

Cold shoulder

Goldberg’s cold shoulder comments were just the latest episode in an ongoing rivalry between the television stars which has included threats and confrontations.

The mutual disdain began in July, after Pirro was invited onto ABC’s The View to promote her recently published book, Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy. When Pirro mentioned “Trump Derangement Syndrome” and pointed at Goldberg, the actress became hysterical.

“Did you just point at me? Listen, I don’t have ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome,’” Goldberg said. “Let me tell you what I have. I’m tired of people starting a conversation with, ‘Mexicans are liars and rapists.’ I’m tired of people starting a conversation about this country.”

Goldberg was referring to June 2015 remarks that then-candidate Trump made from the campaign trail warning that Mexico is “not sending their best” people to the U.S. in the form of illegal immigrants. He cited the importation of “drugs,” “crime,” and “rapists,” while conceding that there are also “good people” among the immigrants.

On-air tiff

After a brief back-and-forth, Pirro addressed her host. “Whoopi, you know what’s horrible? When people who shouldn’t be here end up murdering the children of American citizens.”

“You know what’s horrible?” Goldberg responded. “When the President of the United States whips up people to beat the hell out of people. Say goodbye! I’m done.”

After the show returned from a commercial break, Pirro was gone. “So you saw me do something I very rarely do,” Goldberg explained. “I very rarely lose my cool and I’m not proud of it, I don’t like it but I also don’t like being accused of being hysterical, because that’s one of the things I try not to be on this show. So have a great day.”

Apparently, the confrontation didn’t end there, though. Backstage, Pirro later confessed on Fox News’s Hannity show, Goldberg treated her “like a dog.” After the pair argued it out over who did more victim advocacy work in their career, Pirro recalled how Goldberg “came at me as I was leaving and she said ‘F you’ in my face — literally spitting at me, ‘F you, get the F out of this building.'”

Goldberg later denied spitting on Pirro, but admitted to a “few choice words.” “Yes, I did say it, I did say it,” Goldberg remembered later on her show. “But, I did not spit on her, I did not intimidate her, no one chased her out of here saying, ‘Get out,’ but she did leave here cursing at the people who book the show. She cursed at the guys who do the security for the show.”

Echo chamber

Even if Pirro were welcomed back to the liberal echo chamber that is The View, it is difficult to imagine a scenario where she would accept the offer. The show’s rotating roster of hosts and contributors have developed a reputation for being hostile to conservative-minded guests.

Even the token conservative panelists on the show who disagree with President Donald Trump, like Meghan McCain, have a difficult time enduring Goldberg’s taunts and barbs, and the moderator-in-chief has been known to battle it out with her liberal co-hosts, as well.  

Given this hostile environment, it’s amazing that anyone accepts invitations to a daytime talk show administered by such a tyrant.



Whoopi Goldberg says ‘there’s no reason’ to speak to Judge Jeanine Whoopi Goldberg says ‘there’s no reason’ to speak to Judge Jeanine Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on November 04, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.