Jamal Khashoggi deserves justice. The world must unite to pursue his killers | Hatice Cengiz

Those responsible for taking the life of my kind, generous and compassionate fiance should not escape accountability

It has been exactly one month since my fiance, the celebrated journalist Jamal Khashoggi, entered Saudi Arabia’s consulate in Istanbul never to return. Today is also United Nations International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists. The coincidence is tragic and painful. Until a month ago, Jamal sent me articles that he was writing. I would enthusiastically read them and then call him with my thoughts. He would listen attentively, and then we would debate. But now I am writing about him and how I feel now he is gone.

I am really finding it difficult to comprehend whether it has been a month or a lifetime since I lost Jamal. As I waited in hope that he would come out of the consulate, every hour, every day, felt like a year. They have been filled with anguish. No matter how long I waited, the joyful Jamal did not return. All that came was news of his death.

Related: Khashoggi case 'could affect UK support for Saudi actions in Yemen'

Continue reading...

Jamal Khashoggi deserves justice. The world must unite to pursue his killers | Hatice Cengiz Jamal Khashoggi deserves justice. The world must unite to pursue his killers | Hatice Cengiz Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on November 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.