Trump on FBI investigation of Kavanaugh: 'We don't want to go on a witch hunt, do we?'

Donald Trump eventually agreed to talk about the Brett Kavanaugh investigation when he took questions after his big new-but-not-really-new-NAFTA announcement, after brushing off a first question on the subject. As expected, Trump was less than truthful and all over the map, but he did have a perhaps unintentionally truthful moment when he said that “I want them to do a very comprehensive investigation. Whatever that means, according to the senators and the Republicans and the Republican majority, I want them to do that.” Partisan all the way down, in other words. 

Trump: We don’t want to go on a, to use an expression often used by me, we don’t want to go on a witch hunt, do we?

Reporter: Just to be clear, should the FBI interview all three of Brett Kavanaugh’s accusers?

Trump: It wouldn’t bother me at all. Now, it depends. I don’t know all three of the accusers. Certainly, I imagine, they’re going to interview two, the third one I don’t know much about, but it wouldn’t bother me at all. I mean, I’ve heard that the third one has, I have no idea if this is true, has very little credibility. If there is any credibility, interview the third one.

Or, here’s a thought: Interview her to determine her credibility. And interview Elizabeth Rasor, Kavanaugh bestie Mark Judge’s ex-girlfriend, to whom he described an incident that sounds not unlike what Julie Swetnick, the third accuser, describes.

In case there was any doubt, Trump also sent a message to the FBI, saying “I don't want to talk about Plan B. I hope he gets approved. I hope the report comes out like I really think it should.” No pressure, guys, but you know what the boss man is looking for.

Watch the exchange below.


Trump on FBI investigation of Kavanaugh: 'We don't want to go on a witch hunt, do we?' Trump on FBI investigation of Kavanaugh: 'We don't want to go on a witch hunt, do we?' Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on October 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.