CNBC’s Jim Cramer apologizes after referring to Pelosi as ‘Crazy Nancy’: ‘I made a very stupid comment’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has been called names by a number of people. This week, CNBC personality Jim Cramer added his own name to that list.

According to Fox News, Cramer left Pelosi clearly crushed in an interview Tuesday when he referred to her as “Crazy Nancy,” a disparaging nickname often used by President Donald Trump. The CNBC host later apologized for his comments.

“Reverence for the office”

According to Fox, Cramer was speaking to Pelosi about whether a compromise could be reached with Republicans on coronavirus relief legislation when he asked: “What deal can we have, Crazy Nancy?”

The CNBC host immediately recognized his mistake. “That was the president [saying that], I have such reverence for the office I would never use that term,” he told Pelosi, as Fox reported.

“But you just did,” the long-time San Francisco Democrat pointed out in response. Take a look:

Cramer seemed flustered after Pelosi called him out. “You know what I mean, the reverence I have for the office is so great that I think it’s a travesty to ever call, look, you’re—”

The House speaker interjected that she understood what the market analyst meant and went on to attack the president for labeling her with the “crazy” moniker. But the story wasn’t over for Cramer, who addressed his comments later Tuesday.

“A very stupid comment”

“Earlier today, when I talked to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on ‘Squawk on the Street,’ I made a very stupid comment,” he told viewers, according to Mediaite.

“It was a tongue-in-cheek attempt to make a point about the harsh tone of the negotiations in Washington,” Cramer added. “But it fell completely flat, and I apologize for that. As I said immediately after the comment, I want to make it clear that I have an incredible amount of respect for both the speaker and, of course, the office she holds.”

Cramer again attempted to clarify his remarks via Twitter later that evening, asking:

Did anyone bother to listen to the whole interview? It was about how horrendous it is that the president calls Speaker Pelosi Crazy Nancy. It is so unfortunate and ill-advised. The people criticizing me must not have realized the point! NEVER should she be called that[.]

For his part, President Trump responded to the controversy by tweeting a video of Cramer’s exchange with a caption that read: “Jim, you didn’t make a mistake. It’s true, and that’s why you said it. No pandering!”

The post CNBC's Jim Cramer apologizes after referring to Pelosi as 'Crazy Nancy': 'I made a very stupid comment' first appeared on Conservative Institute.



CNBC’s Jim Cramer apologizes after referring to Pelosi as ‘Crazy Nancy’: ‘I made a very stupid comment’ CNBC’s Jim Cramer apologizes after referring to Pelosi as ‘Crazy Nancy’: ‘I made a very stupid comment’ Reviewed by The News on Donal Trump on September 17, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.